Suse Linux

Monday, October 24, 2005

Switching over to Slackware

AFter using Suse for these few weeks, I have finally decided to switch back to Slackware. I started off loving Suse. It had the simplicity of Windows XP and sort of the attractiveness of Mac OSX without the price tag. THe OS holds my hand and just works.

Well, at the start at least. Afterwards, things go wrong, and it becomes hard to fix it because the configuration is restricted by the GUI. Yes, I can edit the config files by hand, but I got so lazy with the GUI configuration programs, I forgot how to do it!

I ended up going back to basics, and editing configuration files, and then I started to ask myself, "If i need to edit files by hand, why on earth do I need to use Suse? I can do that on Slackware, which boots and runs way faster than Suse?"

So I am back to being a Slacker. I now am reminded why I liked using it so much.

I'll be starting a blog on my Slackware 10.2 experiences soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home