Suse Linux

Friday, October 21, 2005

switched to suse 9.2

Got sick of the USB 2.0 problem in suse 10.0, among other things, and decided to try out 9.2 which is purportedly rock solid.

So far, i have noticed that i does run a bit faster than 10.0, but when i plugged in my USB 2.0 stick, it failed to automount for me! Ono! It had no problems automounting my USB 1.1 stick.

I looked at dmesg and saw references to /dev/sda without any error messages. ALthough it would not automount, at least it would manually mount all right. Suse responded well to mount /dev/sda /media/usbdisk

Unfortunately, i don't like manually doing this cos it means i has to su everytime i want to use the usbdisk. ANd it also means my ordinary user does not have write access to the usbdisk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home