Suse Linux

Friday, September 30, 2005

BIOS update on T23

Installed Windows 98 se back on my Thinkpad and then downloaded the non-diskette versions of the bios and enhanced controller updates. Flashing the BIOS was a matter of just clicking the exe file and following the instructions, just like installing a normal Windows program, easy peasy!

Of course, there is the annoying bit that you have to have a working battery to flash the BIOS. That's why i decided to flash my BIOS now while my battery is still working.

After doing that, I installed SUSE back onto the Thinkpad. Originally win 98 took up my whole hard drive, and Suse resized the windows partition for me without a glitch. The boot loader also had no problems and allowed me to boot either operating system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home